THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Selasa, 21 Oktober 2008

Earthquake in Yogyakarta

Earthquake in Yogyakarta occurred at 05:55 West Indonesia time on 27 May 2006 . It's a 57 second's with five point nine richter scale earthquake. Can you imagine that!! Because I can!! I was there when the earthquake happen. I was sleep in hotel on Malioboro. It was shocking me! The make up table in the room was tremble around, and also the bed. Because I sleep in 4'th floor, I must go down with emergency stairs. First, people around was think that mount merapi is the reason of the earthquake because it was a big smoke out from merapi mouth. But suddenly people from south was running. At the same time, they are yelling "TSUNAMI!! TSUNAMI!!". What should I do!? If I go north I scare that mount merapi is the cause of the earthquake, but if I go south I also scare that a tsunami came to us. I can't go anywhere. It's just panic around me. I just can pray to GOD. Suddenly, a police car with a speaker came and say "Jangan panik. Tidak ada Tsunami". I ask the police about mount merapi, and the police man didn't know yet the cause of the earthquake. But the police man sure that is no tsunami because he get a report from his partner in south. Two hour after the earthquake I was looking for something to eat, but all of the restaurant was close. Until I came in keraton place there was one gudeg restaurant open. So I eat there. When I finish, I straight to Bandung. In the way to home, I listen a radio. Now I know the reason of the earthquake. It was earthquake in south of Yogyakarta. Several day after the Earthquake, I see in television that the earthquake was killed 5,782 people while 36,299 people have been injured, 135,000 houses damaged, and an estimated 1.5 million left homeless. 3,580 of those deaths and more than 1,892 injuries occurred in the area of Bantul, while 1,668 others died in villages in the southern parts of Klaten district. How lucky me!! I was not injured at all!! I was alive now and write this posting. I was so lucky.

0 komentar: